The GIPC co-ordinates and monitors all investment activities falling under Act 865 and assists both domestic and foreign investors in:
- Initiating and supporting measures that will enhance the investment climate in Ghana for both Ghanaian and non-Ghanaian companies.
- Initiating, organizing and participating in promotional activities such as exhibitions, conferences and seminars for the stimulation of investments, to present Ghana as an ideal investment destination.
- Collecting, collating, analyzing and disseminating information about investment opportunities and sources of investment capital, and advising on the availability, choice or sustainability of partners in joint-venture project.
- Formulating investment promotion policies and plans, promotional incentives and marketing strategies to attract foreign and local investment in advanced technology industries and skill-intensive services which enjoy good export market prospects.
- Registering, monitoring and keeping records of all enterprises in Ghana.
GIPC’s key areas for investment are:
- Agric and agro-processing
- Oil and Mining Services
- Manufacturing and Industries
- Information Communication Technology
- Financial Services
Operations of the Centre
- Joint venture search
- Identification of specific projects for investment promotion
- Recommendation of investment incentives and provision of investor support services
- Registration of Technology Transfer Agreements
- Negotiation of Bilateral Investment Treaties
- Investment facilitation and aftercare services
- Monitoring & Tracking
Enquiries about investing in Ghana should be directed to GIPC: