Please read carefully the following requirements and guidelines on the issuing of Travel Certificates
- Travel certificates (TCs) are issued to Ghanaians who wish to urgently return to Ghana but are not in possession of a valid passport.
- the applicant must be personally present at the Embassy for interview.
- Kindly be reminded that the TC is valid for one (1) month and is for a single journey to Ghana.
CONSULAR WORKING HOURS:
- Submission of applications:
- MONDAYS, TUESDAYS, THURSDAYS and FRIDAYS – 9.30 – 12.00
- Collection of issued Travel Certificates:
- MONDAYS, TUESDAYS, THURSDAYS and FRIDAYS – 9.00 – 14.00
Applicants who want their processed Travel Certificate sent to them by post are advised to attach one of the following to their request(s):
- a registered self-addressed envelope with the appropriate stamps (lettre recommendée);
- a pre-paid envelope from any recognised courier service provider.
The Embassy will NEVER send, by post, any document that does not meet the above requirement.
- A Travel Certificate applicant should submit:
- One (1) fully and clearly completed application form in ENGLISH and in CAPITAL LETTERS;
- Police report or a declaration made at the Embassy (If passport is missing/damaged);
- Evidence of citizenship (Birth Certificate, Ghanaian passport, voters ID, National Identity Card etc.);
- Two (2) passport sized photos
- An air ticket or proof of flight booking/reservation
FEE – 100 Euros
Forty-eight (48)-working hours from receipt of documents at the Embassy.
MODE OF PAYMENT
Payments for authentication/legalisation of documents can be made by either one of the following:
- Bank Transfer/Bank Deposit:
- All Consular fees (visas, passports, Travel Certificates, attestations etc.) are to be paid into the following account and proof of payment, sent together with the application to the Embassy.
- Click here to access our Bank Account Details
- All persons (third parties) paying monies on behalf of an applicant should clearly indicate the full name of the applicant on the proof of payment when sending the application to the Embassy.
- Cash payments: at the Embassy
NB: APPLICATION FEES, ONCE PAID, ARE NOT REFUNDABLE