The diaspora affairs, office of the president has by its letter no. DAF/OOP/GDC/HS/002 dated 8th march, 2019 informed the ministry that the second edition of the Ghana diaspora homecoming summit would be held from 3rd to 6th July 2019 at the Accra International Conference Centre under the leadership of H.E. President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, who would also be the main guest of honour.
- The theme for the summit is “recognizing the potential of the Ghanaian diaspora”. As a result, the diaspora affairs, office of the president has constituted a Ghana Diaspora Homecoming Planning Committee (GDHPC) made up of a number of MDA’s including the ministry of foreign affairs, ministries of interior, information and the Ghana Investment Promotion Centre.
- The office is therefore requesting all missions to facilitate the setting up of country steering committees (CSCS) for the event. The Country Steering Planning Committees (CSCS) would be responsible for the following:
- Planning and leading activities for the summit in the respective countries.
- Marketing the summit among Ghanaians, friends of Ghana and corporations in the countries.
- Mobilizing sponsorship and encouraging people to attend the summit.
- Organizing road shows in the respective countries in consultation with the missions and the GDHPC.
- Develop their own marketing plans in the relations to the overall objective of the summit.
- People who are interested in being members of the steering committee and participate in the event in Accra should contact Mr. Bonaventure Adjavor, Minister/Diaspora Desk Officer at the embassy of Ghana, 21 Boulevard de la Saussaye, 92200, Neuilly-Sur-Seine or at email@example.com